Annual Bilingualism Presentation and BBQ
Date: Sunday, May 24th, 2015 Time: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Steve McCarty
The Presentation is followed by a BBQ. This presentation aims for participants to understand the big picture of bilingualism, at different levels and connected to different types of language acquisition. There are many factors that affect bilingual development, such as starting age, and many bilingual child-raising approaches that ultimately work. The social environment can cause difficulties, but languages in contact, within and between people, have no drawbacks, just benefits to the extent a person becomes bilingual. As one result, bicultural young people are becoming increasing prominent in Japanese society. The needs of the individual, family, schools, and society are all aligned with bilingual development. Bilingual phenomena in Japan will be contextualized in a taxonomy.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free (BBQ 2,000 yen for adults)
Non-members: 1000 yen (BBQ 2,000 yen for adults)
Venue: Kobe Regatta and Athletic Club
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: