Developing Literacy Through CLIL For Young Learners
Date: Sunday, April 16th, 2017 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Chiyuki Yanase
In this workshop, Chiyuki Yanase will discuss what Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) is and why it can be an effective approach in EFL classes for young learners. She will also explore how CLIL can be integrated in order to develop young learners' literacy skills in a EFL story-based class. Participants will be invited to experience CLIL activities, based on a story from a course book, Story Central. It is hoped that participants go back to their classrooms with engaging CLIL activities which motivate literacy development and language learning of young learners.
Chiyuki Yanase is a language school owner and a lecturer at several universities in Tokyo. She has been teaching English for young learners for over 20 years and holds MSc in TEYL from Aston University. Her research interests focus on collaborative learning and the literacy development of young learners. She has presented at numerous conferences, and published several articles on team-teaching, learner autonomy and collaborative learning.
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Agatanomori Library (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code: