Motivating Learners to Speak; followed by Bonenkai (end-of-year party)
Date: Saturday, December 2nd, 2017 Time: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Speaker: Rob Peacock (sponsored by Oxford University Press)
In this session we will take some time to discuss the difficulties which learners face when developing their productive skills, and then look at some effective methods to motivate students to speak out. I will illustrate those methods by running through some practical classroom activities using the third edition of Smart Choice. Finally, I will introduce some online material which can be used on both PCs and mobile devices to increase exposure to English outside of the classroom.
Bio: Rob Peacock currently works at Oxford University Press as an Educational Services Consultant and course coordinator of the Oxford Teachers' Academy. He has spent over sixteen years in Japan teaching students of all ages as well as providing teacher support and workshops.
Fukuoka JALT's annual end-of-year party will return to Rollins, an Italian / American restaurant in Akasaka.
- Party venue: Rollins (3-13-22 Akasaka, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka, map
- Time: 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Cost: 4,000 yen
- Course: All you can drink, with a set course of shared dishes
- RSVP by Nov. 26 to Miho Tani
Please note that places are limited, so please RSVP on time.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: free (co-sponsored by OUP)
Venue: ACROS Building, 6F, Room 605, 1-1-1 Tenjin (map)
Location: Fukuoka City, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: