Principles for CALL Design
Date: Saturday, July 13th, 2002 Time: 3:30 PM - 4:40 PM
Speaker: Catherine Doughty, University of Hawaii Manoa
This presentation outlines principles for the design of computer-assisted language learning instruction. This event is co-sponsored by the Kyushu chapter of LET. An overview of the afternoon:
14:00 Opening & Introduction of the Invited Speakers
14:10 - 15:00 "Current Issues in Task-Based Language Teaching", Dr. Michael Long
15:00 - 15:20 Discussion including Questions & Answers
15:30 - 16:20 "Principles for CALL Design", Dr. Catherine Doughty
16:20 - 16:40 Discussion including Questions & Answers
16:40 - 16:50 Closing & Thank you speech
17:30 - 19:30 Reception (optional reception afterwards: 5,000 yen)
Catherine Doughty is Associate Professor of Applied Linguistics, Department of Second Language Studies, University of Hawai'i at Manoa.
Organization: Kyushu-Okinawa Chapter of the Japan Association of College English Teachers (Kyushu-Okinawa JACET)
Cost: JACET Members: free (optional reception afterwards: 5,000 yen)
Non-members: 1000 yen (please contact JACET to confirm) (optional reception afterwards: 5,000 yen)
Venue: Seinan University, Main Building 4fl Conference Room. Nishijin, Fukuoka City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kyushu-Okinawa JACET
Email QR Code: