Storytelling in Language Teaching
Date: Sunday, July 14th, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Charles Kowalski
Storytelling is as much a part of life as language itself and a good story has the power to awaken the imagination and express our deepest thoughts and feelings. This workshop is for language teachers interested in bringing the power of storytelling into their classrooms. The first part of the workshop will discuss the benefits that storytelling can bring to a language class. The second part will present several story-based classroom activities for use with all language leaners from beginning to advanced levels. The participants in previous workshops have described the experience as very inspiring and very informative.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA Chapel (between JR Sannomiya and JR Shin-Kobe)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: