Content and Language Integrated Learning: What, Why, and How?
Date: Sunday, November 4th, 2018 Time: 10:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Speaker: Featured Speakers: Sandra Kouritzin (University of Manitoba and Kwansei Gakuin Visiting Scholar), Shinichi Izumi (Sophia University)
Kyoto JALT proudly announces our first Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) one-day conference, to be held at Campus Plaza Kyoto on Sunday, November 4. Invited speakers include Dr. Sandra Kouritzin (University of Manitoba and Kwansei Gakuin Visiting Scholar), who will speak on postmodern and post-truth CLIL approaches, and Dr. Shinichi Izumi (Sophia University), who will present on CLIL in the Japanese secondary education context. The program will begin with an 'unconference' style session in the morning about 'What works and what doesn't in Japan' where members are invited to share their experiences with CLIL in small groups. The afternoon will comprise of two plenary talks and 2 concurrent sessions of short pPresentations.
Organization: Kyoto Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kyoto JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Campus Plaza Kyoto (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kyoto JALT
Email QR Code: