Exploring Varieties of English in the Foreign Language Classroom
Date: Saturday, July 6th, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Kathleen Yamane, Eichi (Sapientia) University
Following a general discussion of variation in language, participants will work through group activities to identify the linguistic features of Southern American dialect, Black English vernacular and other varieties of English from short video clips and recordings. This presentation aims to give teachers a clearer overview of the nature of language and to consider applications for the classroom. No previous knowledge of linguistics is necessary. Y'all come have fun!
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kotsu Sangyou Center, Nagasaki Bus Terminal Building, 4F, Volunteer Center
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: