Date: Saturday, July 13th, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Discussion facilitated by Helen Korengold
Brembeck states, "Learning a language without learning the culture is a good way to make a fluent fool of oneself." How do English teachers in Japan approach this topic in classroom? Discussion facilitator Helen Korengold will keep the discussion going by injecting questions when the talking dies down, pausing for audience questions, keeping discussion on track, and preventing people from monopolizing the discussion.
Organization: Akita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Akita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for a student)
Venue: GH-300, MSU-A (Minnesota State University Akita)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0184-22-1562
Phone (work): 0184-22-1562