Workshop: Improving Communication Skills
Date: Sunday, July 7th, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Leonie Falland
Ms. Falland will conduct a workshop to discuss and share ideas about improving students' communication skills. The workshop participants will look at context, congruence, constructing free dialogues from controlled practices, the conducive classroom, and some investigation of genre as it applies to oral communication. Also, there will be an analysis of the helping and hindering factors that impact upon teaching and an attempt to see if the helpful factors can be optimized to overcome the hindering factors. There will be some question time at the end to address any issues arising from the presentation.
Organization: Himeji Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Himeji JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Hanakita Shimin Hiroba (located directly across from Nozato Station, Bantan Line; plenty of free parking; from Himeji Station, train leaves at 13:50)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Himeji JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0792-92-8808