Methods of Using Content-Based Instruction
Date: Sunday, November 17th, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Kirby Record
Dr. Kirby Record's presentation demonstrates methods of using content-based instruction with low-intermediate to advanced students. He will use segments from one or more films and show how these materials can be used effectively even with students with minimal proficiency in English for instruction in listening, speaking, writing and reading. He will then demonstrate how to teach American poems to intermediate-level to advanced students and how this instruction is also useful for improving the comprehension of English reading and writing. This also increases the students' sensitivity to the sounds and nuances of the English language and trains them both in logical and imaginative thinking strategies.
Organization: Akita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Akita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: GH-300, MSU-A (Minnesota State University Akita)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0184-22-1562
Phone (work): 0184-22-1562