Activities for Communication in English
Date: Sunday, February 16th, 2003 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Akemi Miyake and Isshin Ito
The first of these two bilingual presentations is by Akemi Miyake, Associate Professor, Department of Cultural Studies and Information, Gifu Women's University. Her talk describes a multimedia approach to teaching Intercultural Communication, and features digital highvision footage, a TV-meeting system, and examples of interactions with delegates from Hungary and Czechoslovakia. The second presentation is by Isshin Ito, Assistant Lecturer, Center for Languages and General Education, Gifu Women's University, who is presently most active in preparing digital movie files of artifacts and world heritage sites. He will talk about the process of preparing media for class and learning about "media literacy", and how to effectively use media in our classrooms.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Heartful Square (southeast section of Gifu JR Station), Gifu City, Gifu-ken
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: