Two parts: 1. Communicative Games and Warm-ups; 2: "The First Class of the Term"
Date: Sunday, April 20th, 2003 Time: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Speaker: Part 1: Conrad Matsumoto; Part 2: Lori Haga, Kazushige Cho, Cyndi Peterson, and Azusa Kibushi
Part 1: The new school year is upon us. Are you ready? Do you want to liven up your classroom with fun games and warm-ups that your students will love? The activities demonstrated can be used in junior high, high school, university, and adult classrooms. You will walk away with minimal preparation activities that can be put to use immediately in your own classes. Come and participate, learn and maybe even share one of your own ideas!
Part 2: The My Share portion will feature short presentations by Azusa Kibushi, Cyndi Peterson, Kazushige Cho, and Lori Haga. The topics will include first-day mixers and games such as "Human Bingo," "Introduction Game for a Large Class," a "Hi, how are you?" game for kids, and activities from a student's point-of-view. There is still room for more presenters;if you are interested in presenting, please contact Angela or Mark.
Organization: Niigata Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Niigata JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen, students 500 yen
Venue: Niigata International Friendship Center, Miyoshi Mansion 3rd Floor, Niigata City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Niigata JALT
Email QR Code: