Productive Pressure - Motivating Students and Tired Teachers
Date: Sunday, April 20th, 2003 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Don Maybin, Shonan Institute of Technology
The participants will study how to sensitively apply "productive pressures", such as team-based activities, to stimulate learners (and teachers!) in an EFL/ESL class. They will also analyze activity "progressions", for example, from teacher- to learner-centered. The ideas and activities that will be presented are adaptable to varying class sizes, levels, materials and teaching styles. Presenter Bio: Don Maybin teaches at Shonan Institute of Technology, Fujisawa. He has taught languages to Japanese learners of all ages and levels for over 20 years.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Omiya JACK, 5F, conference room 1 (near Omiya Station, west exit)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: