Issues in Teaching English In Primary Schools
Date: Saturday, April 26th, 2003 Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Roger Barnard, Waikato University, New Zealand
The presenter will briefly review some research into teaching foreign languages to young learners - those of primary school age. He shall then briefly outline the current foreign language teaching situation in New Zealand, and report on the findings of a preliminary study of a recent foreign languages project. He will conclude by raising questions that still need to be asked regarding the introduction of English in primary schools.
Roger Barnard's Nagasaki JALT talk on April 27.
Organization: Nagasaki Junshin Catholic University (Nagasaki Junshin)
Venue: Nagasaki Junshin Catholic University, Ezumi Memorial Hall, Junshin Gakuen at Bunkyo-cho
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki Junshin
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 095-846-0084