The Use of Videos in ELT
Date: Sunday, June 20th, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:45 PM
Speaker: Takako Seito
Takako Seito from Tokyo University of Science in Suwa will show how to motivate large classes through the use of video-based activities. In this workshop she will demonstrate how authentic film scripts can stimulate students to listen, write and talk in English. She particularly aims to activate their knowledge of the themes shown during the film. Also, practical ways to create original materials from the internet databases, videos, DVDs and TV programs will be explained.
About the speaker: Takako Seito has a long-time interest in using PCs and films for teaching English and has built up many video resources to encourage her students to become active learners. She graduated from Jochi University after which she completed a MA in English literature from Waseda University. During the 1980s she was a member of the successful Noh-Shakespeare group which toured the USA. She has taught at junior and senior high schools, private colleges and most recently at Suwa Rikadai.
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Okaya, Irufu (ILF) Plaza, 3rd Floor, Room 7
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code: