Current Affairs Using Newspapers
Date: Sunday, June 27th, 2004 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Toshihiro Yamanishi, Tomakomai National College of Technology
Newspapers are a great resource for background on current affairs. Using newspapers at school provides students with a lot of information about this modern society in which they live. The presenter will introduce one of the lessons he has given about current issues (world politics & economics). (Doors open at 1:00, and the presentation begins at 1:30.) Toshihiro Yamanishi is an Associate Professor at Tomakomai National College of Technology.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Hokkaido International School near Sumikawa Subway Station
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code: