A Way to Use Graded Readers Effectively and Extensively
Date: Sunday, June 20th, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Rie Iwahashi
Is it really true that Japanese students read well in English? Unfortunately, that's not the case when we take "amount of reading" into consideration. Extensive reading enables students to build confidence and motivation in English as well as the habit of reading. In this presentation we will cover highly motivational and effective techniques for using readers with students at all levels.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Kyoai Gakuen College
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: