Pause, Prompt and Praise
Date: Sunday, June 20th, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Steven J. Donald (Junshin University)
Professor Steven J. Donald (Junshin University) will give a presentation on extensive reading techniques and the PPP (Pause, Prompt, Praise) Method of teaching reading, which was first popularized in New Zealand and is recently being successfully introduced in Japan. He will discuss how to implement this method in junior-senior high school English classes, as well as how to adapt it according to the materials being used.
Organization: Okinawa Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okinawa JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Okinawa Christian Jr. College, Kiritan, Nishihara Town
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okinawa JALT
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 098-895-8448
Mobile phone: 098-895-8304