Lifelong Language Learning Conference
Date: Sunday, June 13th, 2004 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: LIOJ, JALT and ETJ members
In this "Lifelong Language Learning" joint conference, speakers from the Kanagawa, Kanto and Shizuoka areas will give a sneak preview of presentations that may be seen at the National JALT conference (in the fall of 2004). This is sponsored by Yokohama JALT (Japan Association of Language Teaching, a non-profit organization), LIOJ (The Language Institute of Japan, located in the "Asia Center"), ETJ (English Teachers Japan), MacMillan LanguageHouse, Atom and Abax (publishers of ELT materials).
This conference will have 11 presenters leading workshops and talks full of practical language education ideas for teaching a range of students, from children to adult. There will be four presentations running concurrently in three, 45-minute presentation slots, as well as a coffee break for informal discussion and viewing publisher displays.
Getting there: If you would like to travel together from Yokohama Station, please take the 9:58 train (Tokaido Line) to Atami. This train leaves Totsuka at 10:07, Ofuna at 10:14, arrives at Odawara at 11:06.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: free (minimal donation for refreshments)
Venue: LIOJ (Language Institute of Japan), 4-14-1 Shiroyama, Odawara, Kanagawa (0465-23-1677)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: