Metacognitive Language Learning Strategy Training for Japanese Learners of English as a Foreign Language
Date: Sunday, August 8th, 2004 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Jason Williams
This presentation by Jason Williams introduces a study conducted on a group of 27 Japanese high school and university students of English as a Foreign Language (EFL) to determine the effectiveness of teaching metacognitive language learning strategies in helping students to actively engage in and manage their own learning. Students learned a combination of two of the following three strategies:
- using practice opportunities,
- self-evaluation and
- selective attention.
- an understanding of and increase in strategy use, skill and task improvement,
- increased motivation and
- betterment of student attitudes towards their language ability and language learning.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen; students 500 yen
Venue: Okayama Sankaku building near Omotecho in Okayama city
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Website: sites.google.com/site/okayamajalt/Scott Gardner
Email QR Code: