TAPL: Learning Italian, Hours 1 and 2
Date: Sunday, August 22nd, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Tom Pendergast, International Buddhist University
A good way to find out about a language-learning method is to do it in a new language. That's what we'll do at the Nara JALT meeting in August. "TAPL" stands for teacher-assisted pair learning. It is a variation of SAPL (self-access pair learning). TAPL/SAPL can be used for learning English, French, Italian, German, and/or Spanish ... and more easily with each new language.
Light meal/drinks after the workshop.
About the speaker: Tom Pendergast is a well-known and respected figure in ELT. He also happens to be one of the original founders of KALT, which later became JALT, and was the association's first president.
Organization: Nara Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nara JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: free this month
Venue: English Masters - Communication Center (KM Building 2F, North of Gakuenmae Station on the Kintetsu Nara Line)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nara JALT
Email QR Code: