ETJ and OUP seminar in Kagoshima
Date: Sunday, September 19th, 2004 Time: 10:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Kathleen Kampa, Julian Warden
This event is co-sponsored by Oxford University Press and ETJ-Kagoshima.
10:30: Doors Open.
11:00-12:00: First Presentation: Kathleen Kampa. How Do Children Learn?...In Many Ways! Did you know that every child approaches learning in a different way? Kathleen Kampa, co-author of Magic Time, will present practical and motivating activities that support all learning styles and create a classroom environment in which every student can learn to his or her full potential.
12:00-1:00: Lunch Break
1:00-2:00: Second Presentation: Kathleen Kampa. The Magic Time Approach to Learning. Children learn best through experience. So how can we as teachers allow children to truly "experience" the world of English? The Magic Time method uses chants, songs, and activities that make every class a joyful and memorable event. Magic Time co-author Kathleen Kampa will show you how this dynamic method can work for you!
2:15-3:00: Third Presentation: Julian Warden, OUP Senior Sales Consultant, Osaka (title TBA).
The hall has a seating limit of 90 and admission is free so first come, first served.
Organization: ETJ Kagoshima (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Kagoshima)
Cost: free (cosponsored by Oxford University Press)
Venue: Jichikaikan (Kamoike area of Kagoshima City, across from the new Prefectural Government building)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Kagoshima
Email QR Code: