The Entrepreneur Association of Tokyo:
Entrepreneur Association of Tokyo: Tohato Revitalization
Date: Monday, December 6th, 2004 Time: 6:30 PM - 9:55 PM
Speaker: Yoshihiro "Joe" Hemmi
This month's Entrepreneur Association of Tokyo (EA-Tokyo) seminar features Mr. Joe Hemmi, the newly appointed President & CEO of Tohato.
Every season dozens of new snacks fill the counter of convenience stores, Kiosks, and super markets. Most of them disappear without even being recognized; the same kind of product with different naming and packages. But if you recently noticed something intriguing yet cannot be categorized, the chances are that it is from Tohato.
Since last year, they have attacked the market with floods of innovative products. Habanero, the stimulating snack using the hottest spice (habanero pepper) in the world, and Mobi, the on-the-go snack for active generations looking for bite-sized pieces, are just a part of their new lineup. Even the classic Caramel-Corn is equipped with new adorable package design and additional flavors such as cheese, chocolate, and almond. What happened to Tohato, who once carried a huge debt from the failed golf course operation and received a dishonored title of the first pre-packaged Chapter 11 restructuring company in Japan?
Mr. Joe Hemmi, the newly appointed President & CEO of Tohato, will speak at EA-Tokyo addressing how the company has revived from the ashes and is heading toward the future. He is a Harvard Business School MBA Graduate and formerly the Vice President of adidas Japan, where he built the business from scratch, eventually achieving over 50billion yen annual sales with over 500 employees in just 5 years.
It is an opportunity you cannot miss, if you are willing to learn the process of resurrection and revitalization. It is about the past history and the future roadmap of a once-dead company reborn into a stronger entity.
Organization: The Entrepreneur Association of Tokyo
Cost: EA-Tokyo Members: pre-pay 6,000 yen
Non-members: 7,000 yen at the door
Venue: The City Club of Tokyo (Canadian Embassy Complex) - Maple Room, Aoyama Itchome
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact The Entrepreneur Association of Tokyo
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: