The Second Linguapax Asia International Symposium: Language in Society and the Classroom: Preserving Heritage and Supporting Diversity
Date: Saturday, June 11th, 2005 Time: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Nineteen confirmed speakers from Europe and Japan
This symposium will bring together speakers and scholars from around the world with members of the general public to exchange views and develop a vision of how to promote bilingual and multilingual education, intercultural understanding through language education, respect for linguistic diversity and linguistic heritage, and the preservation and revitalization of minority and endangered languages. The symposium aims to raise awareness of the links between language, identity, and human rights, and to encourage the quest for harmony and mutual understanding within and among communities and nations. Preregistration advised.
Organization: Linguapax Asia
Cost: No fee
Venue: Canadian Embassy located at 7-3-38 Akasaka, Minato ku, Tokyo 107 8503. Accessible via the Toei Oedo, Tokyo Metro Ginza, and Tokyo Metro Hanzomon lines. The closest subway station is Aoyama itchome.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Linguapax Asia
Email QR Code: