Effective Training (Presentation in Japanese)
Date: Sunday, October 23rd, 2005 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Kyoko Sonomoto, Kagoshima Junshin Junior High School
All the teachers in English education always want their students to know that English is fun and to understand what they are learning. However, sometimes teachers get frustrated when they feel they cannot convey their enthusiasm to their students? Through her 24-year-experience as an English teacher, Kyoko Sonomoto came to realize that the first step for successful teaching was making a heartful bond between a teacher and her/his students before he/she actually starts teaching. Then she began to learn Parents Effectiveness Training and Teachers Effectiveness Training created by Dr. Thomas Gordon, an American-licensed psychologist.
While it is important for a teacher to understand his/her students, it is equally important for students to understand their teacher. Sonomoto will introduce some concrete ways (how to listen/ how to convey) in the session.
Organization: Kagoshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kagoshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Seminar Room 117, Ground Floor Kousha Biru, Shinyashiki opposite the Shinyashiki Tram Stop
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kagoshima JALT