Tools of the Trade: Utilizing the Video-iPod to Deliver Engaging EFL Content
Date: Sunday, February 18th, 2007 Time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Speaker: Bill Pellowe
Using only a video iPod, the presenter will demonstrate numerous ways that this new tool can be utilized to deliver both authentic and teacher-created material to the EFL classroom. The video iPod can be used either as a basic stimulus/ schema activator, supplemental support, or as the main content of a language lesson. Learn how to use video, slides (which are more commonly associated with laptops and PowerPoint), photos and audio, including podcasts, the latest online trend, to better engage students. Technological tips, along with a detailed handout that includes web-based supplementary materials, will be provided. Come and experience why the iPod is actually an affordable alternative to other technologies such as laptop computers.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Aichi University, Bldg 5 - room 543
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299