Temple University Japan:
Pragmatics and Language Teaching
Date: Saturday, November 10th, 2001 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Dr. Jenny Thomas, University of Wales
Part of TUJ's Distinguished Lecturer Series. Note that each seminar is actually 2 days long, apx. 7 hours per day. The first three hours of each seminar are free and open to the public. To attend both days of the weekend seminar costs 10,500 yen for the general public (free for M.Ed. and Ed.D. alumni of Temple University Japan). Please see the TUJ Osaka web site for full details.
This seminar will begin with an overview of an important new topic in TESOL and language education: pragmatics in language teaching. Areas to be covered in the opening session are: pragmatics and language teaching, politeness and indirectness in interaction, and research methods in cross-cultural pragmatics.
Organization: Temple University Japan
Cost: TUJ Members: free for M.Ed. and Ed.D. alumni of Temple University Japan
Non-members: free (first three hours)
Venue: Temple University Japan, Osaka Center, Osaka YMCA, 1-5-6 Tosabori, Nishi-ku, Osaka
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Temple University Japan
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-5441-9800