Task-Based Language Learning Through Debate
Date: Sunday, February 11th, 2007 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: Eiko Nakamura, Kawasaki University of Medical Welfare
Learners' language development through debate tasks observed in a high school English classroom is closely examined. The chaotic period, in which learners push themselves to paraphrase and improvise their speech taking a risk of increasing language deficiency, was seen during a debate task. This presentation explores crucial factors to push learners to make maximum use of their target language.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shinonome High School Kinenkan 4F (Parking NOT available)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211