Exploring Multi-Sensory Learning
Date: Saturday, March 31st, 2007 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Kim Horne
Awaken your students' senses by learning and practicing English with engaging multi-sensory (listening, moving, touching, seeing, smelling, and speaking) activities!
By incorporating sight, sound, and touch, the multi-sensory approach is great for all learning styles. Multi-sensory techniques are useful for active students who enjoy learning by doing and children with attention and memory problems. Older students and adults can get in on the action too by accessing sensory laden memories.
Kim is from the USA and has been teaching English to children in the Gifu area since 2000.
Change of date - Originally scheduled for March 24, the date of this event was updated to March 31.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Heartful Square (southeast section of Gifu JR Station), Gifu City, Gifu-ken
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: