Where your students are coming from: High School English
Date: Sunday, March 25th, 2007 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Ben Shearon - Chief ALT Advisor at the Miyagi Prefectural Board of
The first part of this presentation will introduce current English language programs in public senior high schools in Miyagi. Starting from a quick review of Ministry of Education guidelines, we will then examine the general situation across Miyagi, and finally focus on specific case studies of individual schools.
In the second part we will look at what goes on in senior high school English classrooms and consider the constraints faced by teachers and students.
Ben Shearon was born in Germany, but claims to be British. He has been teaching English for eight years, seven of them in Sendai. A JET Programme alumnus, he balances his work as Chief ALT Advisor for Miyagi Prefecture with teaching children's classes at a school he co-founded and attempting to enthuse university students about their English studies.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Sendai Mediatheque map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: