Session 3 - One Writer's Path and the Nuts and Bolts of Publishing
Date: Saturday, March 10th, 2007 Time: 7:00 PM - 8:45 PM
Speaker: Donna Jo Napoli
Napoli will describe how she became a writer?almost against her will. She will outline the pitfalls of her career as well as the sources of encouragement over the fourteen years it took her to sell her first story. She will also share what she considers to be the most important rule of writing and discuss the nuts and bolts of publishing in the U.S. including submitting manuscripts, agents, luck and how to improve it. A reading and Q and A will follow.
Note: You can attend all three sessions for the special price of 5000 yen (SCBWI members; 8500 yen for nonmembers).
RSVP: Reservations are required for these workshops. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make your reservation.
Organization: The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) Japan (SCBWI)
Cost: SCBWI Members: 2000 yen
Non-members: 3000 yen
Venue: Tokyo Women's Plaza, Conference Room 2
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 0467-31-6908