Presentation Classes: Ideas and Anecdotes
Date: Saturday, February 16th, 2008 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: David Williams (Yokohama City University)
Do your students dread the presentation class? What results do you get? Do you use presentations in classes as an "easy" option? Presentation classes are widely used in the language teaching classroom but equally can be misused by teachers and abused by students. By using anecdotal evidence the speaker will explore the challenges for teachers and students in presentation-focused courses and classes that incorporate presentations. Ideas for evaluating presentation performance will also be given. Participants will be invited to try out some of the ideas in their own presentation forum.
Organization: Miyazaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Miyazaki JALT)
Venue: Miyazaki Municipal University, Kenkyu Kogi Toh 3F, Room 310, Funatsuka 1-1-2, Miyazaki-shi (Tel: 0985-20-2000)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Miyazaki JALT
Email QR Code: