TPR-S, Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling
Date: Saturday, February 23rd, 2008 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Melinda Kawahara, Lindy Lizard's English House, Kagoshima
For Nagasaki JALT's second meeting of 2008, come and experience the newest teaching method that's sweeping North America by storm. TPR-S. What is it? Why does it work? How do you do it? For those teachers searching for something new and unique, this is for you! Following the natural teaching approach, TPR-S focuses on teaching sentence structures through story telling. This workshop will use colourful, eye appealing storybooks for young learners as an example. In this hands-on workshop you'll experience first hand how your students feel when learning another language and also be given a chance to practice what you've learned. Our presenter, Melinda Kawahara, has been teaching in Japan for almost 20 years. As well as having her own school in Kagoshima, she is the author of the Lindy Lizard storybook series, which incorporates the TPR-S methodology into the story.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F (this is the large white building next to Dejima Wharf and Nagasaki Prefectural Art Museum; take #5 streetcar to Shiminbyoinmae stop, or take #1 streetcar to Dejima stop.)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: