The NHK Edigorian Series and English Activities in Elementary School
Date: Sunday, February 17th, 2008 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Tom Merner
The number of schools offering English activities has been increasing nationwide, and it seems as English will be implemented in the 5th and 6th grades as a once a week lesson after the next revision of the Course of Studies. There is a misconception among many that the purpose of English in elementary school is to 'teach' English to children. However, the main goal has been stated as developing a 'willingness to communicate' in the guidelines, and it seems as this will not be changed. In this session, Tom Merner aims to clarify this main goal and to discuss activities that enable this to happen. Most approaches and activities introduced will be for upper grade children, who are often considered difficult to teach.
Organization: Fukui Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukui JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Fukui Campus, the Open University of Japan, AOSSA 7th Floor, Lecture Room 1
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukui JALT
Email QR Code: