The Language Of Literature
(JACET Kyoto Seminar 2001, day 2 of 2)
Date: Sunday, November 18th, 2001 Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Mick Short, Akira Kawabata, Nozomi Hayashi, Barbara Hyde, and more
Today's speakers and topics include
- Main Speaker: Mick Short, University of Lancaster UK, "Corpus Stylistics: Speach, Thought and Writing".
- Akira Kawabata, Ashiya University, "Literary Text as an Educational Foundation".
- Nozomi Hayashi, Kyoto University, "Some Aspects of the Dialog in 'What Is That Sound?' by W.H.Auden".
- Barbara Hyde, Ritsumeikan University, "Stylistics as Language Awareness: Linking Language And Literature".
- Panel Discussion: "Language, Literature and Education".
Organization: Kansai Chapter of the Japan Association of College English Teachers (Kansai JACET)
Cost: JACET Members: 10,000 (including reception)
Non-members: 13,000 (including reception), Students 10,000 (including reception)
Venue: Kokuritsu Kyoto Kokusai Kaikain. Subway: Kokusaikaikan Sta.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kansai JACET
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3268-9686