Teaching Speaking: renewing our perspectives through discourse
Date: Tuesday, November 20th, 2001 Time: 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Speaker: Anne Burns, Macquarie University in Australia
(This presentation is followed by a second presentation.)
Anne Burns, Senior Lecturer at Macquarie University in Australia and one of the Four Corners' Speakers for JALT 2001, will conduct a workshop which considers some of the implications of a discourse perspective for teaching. Discussions will include tools of discourse analysis that can be used by teachers samples of natural data for anlaysis and suggested tasks that can be adapted for language teaching.
This event is part of the Four Corners Tours 2001, which are opportunities for JALT National Conference speakers to visit local JALT chapters throughout the country.
Organization: Kumamoto Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kumamoto JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Kumamoto City International Center (Kumamoto Kokusai Kooryuu Kaikan), 5th Floor, Large Conference Room A (Ou Hiroma 'A')
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kumamoto JALT