2009 Linguapax Asia Symposium, Theme: Human Trafficking
Date: Sunday, June 14th, 2009 Time: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
With an estimated 900,000 victims annually, human trafficking is perhaps the major human rights issue of the 21st century. The 2009 Working Session of Linguapax Asia will discuss the connection of language with human trafficking and will explore the following: • How can language define the socio-political contexts of human trafficking? • How has human trafficking (both labor and sexual) been described historically (e.g. biblical sources and slave narratives)? • How have literary works described human trafficking? • How has human trafficking been portrayed by visual media? • How can the language of human experience explore human trafficking and the sex industry?
Organization: Linguapax Asia
Cost: Linguapax Asia Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: University of Tokyo, Komaba Campus, Bldg. 18
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Linguapax Asia
Email QR Code: