English Teaching Workshop:
Online Workshop, Motivating Children with Graded Readers
Date: Thursday, May 27th, 2010 Time: 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Yuco Kikuchi
Graded readers are made for children who are learning to read where English is spoken. Yet those graded readers can help children in EFL greatly. By setting a little bit of time at the beginning for early arrivals or at the end of the class, children can enjoy reading by themselves. In this workshop, the facilitator shares how children read graded readers and picture books successfully and get motivated. Various graded readers and some picture books from different publishers including Japanese publishers are shown. Participants are encouraged to share their challenges and ways to help children learn to read.
The workshop will be conducted in Japanese with English assistance by the facilitator.
Streaming Video: You can participate in this workshop from afar at your home, if you are not able to come to the venue all the way. We call this technology a "video streaming". What you need are:
1. PC with Windows XP or Windows Vista, or Mac with MacOS X.
2. Broadband circuit; either Fiberoptical cable circuit or ADSL circuit.
3. Windows Media Player (download freely from www.microsoft.com).
4. Skype (an Internet phone; download freely from www.skype.com) for virtual interactivity.
5. Hopefully a headset for your better audibility.
You are welcome to share such opportunities with us on site at the venue or online streamed live over the Internet. Pre-registration is required for both onsite and online participation.
Organization: English Teaching Workshop
Cost: English Teaching Workshop Members: 2,000 yen for members who pre-register
Non-members: 2,500 yen for non-members, online participants and onsite registration
Venue: Chiyoda Building 1F Address: 2-37 Ichigaya Tamachi, Shinjuku-ku
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact English Teaching Workshop
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 070-6400-6464