A Moveable Feast - A collaborative teacher development event
Date: Sunday, October 17th, 2010 Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Charles Adamson, Chuck Sandy, Deryn Verity, Steve Cornwell, and more
Reserve Sunday, October 17 in your schedule book! To whet your appetite for tasty teacher and learner development, a delicious Teacher Development Day event, A Moveable Feast, is being whipped up by JALT's Learner Development and Teacher Education SIGs in collaboration with Osaka Chapter. Offering vital nutrition for our teaching lives, the menu will include lots of food for thought. The main course will be the Big Buffet, a poster session with ample time for viewing, savoring, and discussion. We invite you to join this tabehodai session, which will be garnished with lots of special features. Also on offer will be plenary sessions taking a new look at the relationship between teaching and learning, with Charles Adamson and Chuck Sandy, and a participatory workshop led by Steve Cornwell and Deryn Verity. As a feast, this event is intended to provide refreshment for, and celebration of, our teaching and learning lives; as a moveable feast, it aims to be bigger and more diverse than a single chapter meeting or SIG forum can be, and more participatory than a traditional sit-down conference. We hope that the day can be spent developing a new combination of dishes and delights from familiar ingredients. As a bring-your-own/potluck event, posters on any topic are welcome, including but not restricted to these:
* Connections between teacher development and learner development
* The role of context in development
* Reflection on how your learning experiences inform your teaching
* Reflection or research on teacher development and how institutions support or hinder it
* Learning and teaching outside the classroom
* Research or experiential reports related to study abroad
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: 1000 yen
Non-members: 2000 yen
Venue: Osaka Gakuin University, Building 2, near Hankyu Shojaku and JR Kishibe stations
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: