A Virtual Asian Textbook Tour
Date: Saturday, June 16th, 2012 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Najma Janjua, Kagawa Prefectural University of Health Sciences
Can textbooks tell why Japanese lag behind other Asian countries on standard tests of English proficiency? This workshop will take the audience on a virtual Asian textbook tour with stops in China, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Taiwan. At each stop the audience will taste a local ELT textbook sample and try to see if it can help them answer the above question. The tour promises to be eye-opening!
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (first timers free!)
Venue: JR Gifu Station, Heartful Square, 2nd floor, east side of the station
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 058-246-3744
Phone (work): 052-781-4734