English Education for Children at Meysen Academy: What We Have Learned In Our 46-Year History
Date: Sunday, July 29th, 2012 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Jeremy Jenkins and Clifford Moore
This presentation will give educators the opportunity to learn about the 46-year history and experience of Meysen Academy, an educational institution in Sendai that focuses on teaching children English through natural communication and a nurturing environment. A group of missionaries started one kindergarten in 1967, which has since multiplied into a variety of programs with a total of over 3,000 students. This led to the creation of GrapeSEED, an innovative curriculum that is being used in hundreds of schools around the world, including public schools in the United States. The presentation will be two-fold: the first half will focus on the history of the school, the reason for the creation of the various programs, and the educational philosophy that creates the culture at MeySen. The second half will focus on the more technical aspects of the GrapeSEED curriculum and its development, what makes it innovative, and the success of the program.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1-Day Memberships 1,000 yen (500 yen for students and 1st timers)
Venue: Aoba-ku Chuo Shimin Center (Ichibancho) map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: