San-in Area Teachers Group:
San-in English Teacher's Meeting: Evaluating Materials
Date: Sunday, June 24th, 2012 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Samantha Kawakami
This is the second meeting of the San-in Area Teachers' Group. The topic for this meeting is evaluating materials. We will talk about key points of a textbook and how you can more easily figure out if a textbook will fit your class and your teaching style. First, we will talk about some general topics: level, topic, flow (overall and between activities), information on the page, activity types, components, prep time, grammar/vocabulary, etc. Then we will look at some different materials and talk about how to evaluate them using the above points. Finally, we will finish up with an idea sharing session where you can talk about specific textbooks you like/don't like and why. A more detailed schedule, including textbooks to be used and other presenters, will be posted on the website closer to the event. You can see the handout and idea sharing from the last meeting in April about listening activities. The 100-200 yen fee is to cover the room expense for Josai Community Center. The fee depends on how many teachers come.
Organization: New San-in Area Teachers Group (San-in Area Teachers Group)
Cost: 100-200 yen
Venue: Josai Community Center, 614 Dogatacho, Matsue, Shimane (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact San-in Area Teachers Group
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-3889-2055