Teaching Reading Skills. What, and How?
Date: Sunday, April 21st, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Rob Waring
The first part of this presentation will introduce the skills that the learners need in order to read in a foreign language. It will then introduce the differences between several different approaches to reading and will compare the benefits and limitations of each. A guideline summary will be constructed to act as a framework for building a reading syllabus. The second part of the session will deal with how to put this into practice. It will look at ways to teach reading skills and ways monitor the students improvement.
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center, lecture room # 3, 3rd Fl.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526