Creating Multimedia Content with Apple Technology
Date: Saturday, April 12th, 2014 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Steve Paton and Malcolm Swanson
These two presentations will demonstrate two very different ways technology can be integrated into language classrooms. Although very Apple-specific, the concepts demonstrated can be applied to almost any platform.
Keynote in the Classroom, Steve Paton
Using presentation software, like Keynote, in your lessons can help to make them more engaging and interesting for your students, and more fun, productive, and efficient for you. This presentation will cover the basics of Keynote: getting started with templates, simple builds and animations using text and images, cool transitions, and a few very special effects that you just can't get from chalk on a blackboard!
Creating Content with iBooks Author, Malcolm Swanson
iBooks Author is an application for creating learning content for delivery on iOS devices. Like all Apple software, it is easy to use, addictive, and capable of doing amazing things once users master the basics. The software's basic workflow will be shown, followed by a demonstration of some of the more advanced features, and how it can be used by students to create their own content.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Wel Tobata, Tobata (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: