Pronunciation and Business Materials Writing
Date: Sunday, May 19th, 2002 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Christopher Jon Poel, Musashi Kogyo Daigaku and Robert M. Homan, International Christian University
Robert and Chris will first discuss materials for teaching pronunciation. Using lessons created by the presenters, attendees will see how such topics as shopping, giving directions, and solving murder mysteries can be easily manipulated to allow for pronunciation practice. In the second half of the presentation, the presenters will discuss materials that provide social and cultural information through business-oriented topics. These are covered not as discrete topics but as examples of how language, culture, and social norms work together for successful communication. The audience will have ample opportunity to ask questions and discuss the materials.
Organization: Shizuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Shizuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: hizuoka Kyoiku Kaikan (next to Mr. Donuts, across from Shin-Shizuoka station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Shizuoka JALT
Email QR Code: