The Cancer of Competition: Games in the EFL Classroom
Date: Sunday, May 26th, 2002 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Chris Hunt
Most teachers now regard the use of games as beneficial to language learning. But little attention has been given to the effect of the structure of the games used. By comparing the structure of competitive games with co-operative games the presenter will demonstrate how the structure of games affect learning. The inherent problems of competitive structures will be outlined and solutions given. By directly experiencing different kinds of game structures participants will come away both with practical new activities to use in the classroom and an understanding of how games fit into the classroom context. (Bi-lingual presentation)
Organization: Iwate-Aomori Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Iwate-Aomori JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Iwate Kokusai Koryu (Iwate International Plaza) in Morioka, phone: 019-654-8900
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Iwate-Aomori JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 019-662-8816
Phone (work): 019-663-3132
Email QR Code: