Intercultural Instruction Ideas & Motivating Projects
Date: Sunday, May 12th, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Scott Bronner of Waseda University's Center for International Education
The speaker will present a number of cultural simulation and interactive teaching ideas based on books from Intercultural Press and his experience teaching an intercultural communication course. In addition, he will present a related project encouraging student involvement with a student-founded NGO named Japan Korea Asian Fund that specifically tries to get people in Korean, Japanese and other Asian cultures to interact in a positive way that may help mediate the negative history of the past.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Ginoo Bunka Kaikan, in Kannai (three minutes from JR Kannai Station and one minute from Isezakichojamachi on Yokohama Subway line)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: