From Endangered Languages to Content-based Reading
Date: Sunday, April 14th, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: David Hough of Shonan Institute of Technology
David Hough just returned from a fascinating Micronesian Island Language Saving Experience that will be explored in this talk. In addition, he will present ideas for using such intercultural experiences for university content-based courses, and discuss the political and educational implications of disappearing languages and cultures such as those in Micronesia.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Ginoo Bunka Kaikan, in Kannai (three minutes from JR Kannai Station and one minute from Isezakichojamachi on Yokohama Subway line)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: