Learning through English in Thai Schools: Policy, Concerns and Directions
Date: Friday, November 28th, 2014 Time: 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Sonthida Keyuravong
International education is now a buzzword in Thailand in an attempt to improve English language communication among high school students. As a result, programs that use English as the medium of instruction are mushrooming. But are they really as beneficial as believed by the Ministry of Education? This presentation will look at the evolution of these programs, government policy, current status and various models of these programs. Concerns and directions will also be discussed.
Organization: Tottori Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Tottori JALT)
Cost: 500 yen
Venue: Tottori University
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tottori JALT
Email QR Code: