Characteristics and Uses of Teacher Personal Narratives in the Language Classroom
Date: Saturday, February 21st, 2015 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Suzanne Bonn (Aston University)
Do you share personal stories with students in the classroom? Based on PhD research, Suzanne will discuss the characteristics and uses of what she terms teacher personal narratives (TPNs). She will share significant research findings that may affect the way language teachers instruct at all levels of education. Lastly, participants will have opportunities to share their TPN experiences and consider how to effectively incorporate TPNs into the classroom.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen, first time free
Venue: Gifu JR Station, Heartful-Square-2F (East-Wing)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: